ABOUT CO-OP SCHEME OF DIPLOMA
(INDUSTRY INSTITUTION INTERACTION COURSES)
This is the only polytechnic in the entire state of Karnataka to offer Diploma under this scheme. It is a semester scheme of diploma education, consisting of 06 semesters, of which students will be trained in institution for 05 Semesters and will be deputed to undergo one semester of industrial training.
- To develop the students contextual ability,
- To bring self-confidence in the student,
- To bring an awareness about the accuracy and schedule thereby bringing an awareness about quality,
- To give hands on training for the students thereby exposing them to the latest technology in the field,
- To develop an Entrepreneurship attitude of the student,
- To develop the student in terms of leadership qualities
- To take up challenging projects in the field of interest of the student.
ABOUT INDUSTRIAL TRAINING
Industrial training : During industrial training (during the V semester of their course), the students will be given induction training and will be made to practice industry culture i.e. punctuality and discipline. Later they are exposed to modern measuring instruments and sophisticated machines used in manufacturing process. Also they will be trained in the regular production activities., the students will be deputed for on the job training in different departments. They are made to practice planning, scheduling, quality, dispatching. During this period they have to carry out a project work which involves all the process of the industry and should be helpful to the industry. In addition to the industrial training, the students have to study theory subjects prescribed by the Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Karnataka which will be taught by the experts from industry and faculty of polytechnic. The students have to appear for the End examination at the polytechnic, which will be conducted by the Board of Technical Examinations, Govt. of Karnataka.
- M/S BEML KGF
- M/S HMT Machine Tools Ltd., Bangalore
- M/S KAYNES TECHNOLOGY, Mysore
- M/S ASKAR Microns Pvt. Ltd., Mysore
- M/S AT and S India Pvt. Ltd., Nanjangud
- M/S BHEL, Bangalore
- M/S ITI Ltd., Bangalore
- M/S BEL, Bangalore
- M/S AMW MGM FORGINGS Pvt Ltd, Mysore
- M/S UGRA PRECISION ENGINEERS PVT.LTD, Mysore
- M/S ELKAYEM AUTO ANCILLARY Pvt Ltd, Kadakola
- M/S VWF Industires Pvt Ltd., Mysore
Polytechnic offers the following three years Diploma programmes under CO-OP scheme.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (CO-OP).
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering (CO-OP).
- Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering (CO-OP).
These courses are recognized by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, approved by the Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Karnataka, and the industrial training is recognized by the Board of Apprenticeship Training, Chennai. The Board of Apprenticeship Training, Govt. of India, is extending its cooperation by approving the training of students in Industries. These students are considered as Sandwich Apprentices. Presently these trainees are entitled for Stipend during the Industrial Training Period.
Merits of CO-OP Scheme of education This scheme results in significant savings in time, money and effort in recruitment and training for the Industry. The Training Scheme becomes more user friendly and user oriented. It provides valuable feedback from Industry to keep improving and modifying curricular structure. Industrial training helps in developing contextual ability in student, aiding them to do well functionally in the world of work. Exposure of teachers regularly to industrial Culture updates his knowledge. About the faculties: Faculties of all the departments are well qualified and experienced and regularly attend faculty development programmes to update themselves with the recent trends in technology. Polytechnic encourages its faculties to upgrade their knowledge through short term training programmes, sponsoring them for higher education and attending seminars